Monday, October 1, 2012

Dinner for 400

 For the Relief Society Broadcast my mom was asked to prepare the dinner, so Friday night and all day Saturday we were making food. We were at the church for TEN hours Saturday! The requested dinner was Cafe Rio salads, so that's what we put together. Not only were we making food Friday and Saturday, but Mom and I shopped for all of the food throughout the week.


Lettuce. I spent two hours cutting and I probably only got through 1/2 of the amount we had!

Pretty Flowers that were arranged on the tables.


Sister Schindler, who was doing decorations, and my mom, who was doing food.

Sister Wolf helped plan and prepare food. The dinner could not have been as much of a success without her help!



Michelle & Mom. They've known each other since college!

SO much food! I helped layout plates, fill with the lettuce, black bean salsa, and meat.

The Cupcake Crew. Their cupcakes were VERY good.


Us four girls, (Suzanne, Megan, Anna, & I), made the adults who had cooked all day go watch the broadcast while we cleaned up. The adults were extra appreciative.

 Anna, Suzanne, & Megan decided to have a lemon slice eating contest while cleaning the kitchen.

Cleaning dishes. 
Anna carrying out decorations.

My hair is looking ratchet.

Once we were FINALLY done cleaning!

Sister Meppen also helped Sister Schindler do all of the decorations.

The tables looked very pretty with the fresh flowers.

Suzanne laying out napkins and forks.

YUM!!


 Thanks to all who helped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment